Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Baby Buggies & Superman Snuggies

One of my co-workers, Deborah, is expecting a baby girl next month and I was asked to plan a small shower for her this past Friday.  I have never planned a baby shower. In fact, I have never even been to a baby shower, but was up for the challenge.  I said I would decorate and coordinate the games if my co-workers would provide the food.  I am a very picky eater and will only cook if the recipe ends with "Microwave on High for 3 Minutes".  By 8:15AM, our conference room was transformed into a pink and white cafe complete with fruit, cupcakes, breakfast casserole and even a waffle maker thanks to my wonderful work buddies!


Eliza Marie is expected to be born on January 11, 2011.  I'm not sure what it means to be born on 1-11-11, but it must mean something good!  We all pitched in to buy the Mommy-To-Be a gift card to Babies-R-Us, exchanged some other gifts and played baby themed games.

The One-Handed Diaper Game
Little Liza's first onesie from me
The personalized baby bottles I made
Soon it was time to start the work day but, in the spirit of the holidays and recent snowfall, my manager agreed to let us have a "Wear Your Snuggie to Work" day! 

Workin Hard
Hardly Workin
On Saturday, Bethany and Lauren made an overnight stop in Raleigh on their travels back home for Christmas break.  We had a blast together, and it felt like we were roommates all over again...minus Blanche :(.   Fingers-crossed, they will be able to stop by again on their way back south.

Christmas Card Senior Year: Lauren, Bethany, me, Blanche.

Happy Holidays Y'all!


.....Must Have.....



I wouldn't consider myself eco-friendly. I drive an SUV, I blast the heat in the winter and the A/C in the summer, I take a shower every morning and a bath every night. Suffice to say, I am not doing my part to "Go Green" these days.  However, I have found a way to reduce my carbon footprint.  The Water Bobble is a unique water bottle with a built in filter. This itty bitty Brita is made from 100% recyclable materials, is reusable, and each filter can purify nearly 40 gallons of water (that's 300 water bottles)! The filters ($7 each) come in a variety of colors, and the bottles ($8-$10 each) come in several sizes.  Water Bobble even offers a line of baby bottles so your toddler can start saving the planet, too.  With all this hype about how wasteful humans are, it's time I put down my Evian and picked up a Bobble.  I may not be hugging a tree anytime soon but I will be embracing this hip new way to reduce, reuse and recycle.


.....Must Hear.....



1 comment:

  1. The pics from the shower are SO cute!! please say hi to everyone for me & keep me posted on when Miss Eliza makes her debut! Hope you had a good Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete