Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

This day last year...

I am really not doing so hot on my resolution to be more efficient with blog posting!  The weekend before last, I was thrilled to have my college roommate Bethany in town.  On Friday night, Bethany and I went to a restaurant near my apartment.  Upon arrival, we realized we were not as young and hip as we once were.  Apparently, we did not get the memo that Friday night was "wear your shortest skirt and highest heels" night.  We spent the night avoiding the loud speakers, slurring frat boys and short skirt stiletto stampedes on the dance floor.  We never thought dressing so modestly would make us feel so exposed!  Despite feeling like Golden Girls, we managed to have a great time catching up and people watching.  We dragged our old bones home around 1AM, took out our dentures, and crashed.  Suffice it to say, we just can't keep up with the college kids like we used to...sigh.


The next day we met up with Bethany's sister Ryan, mom Beth, and stepdad Jim.  The sun was shining, the lawns were perfectly manicured, and the boutiques had their doors propped open, beckoning shoppers to browse their brightly colored spring additions. After a late lunch,  I served as tour guide to Bethany's family and took them to some of my favorite places in Raleigh.

North Hills Mall
Five Points
My favorite home in Raleigh
Cameron Village
I dropped Miss Beth and Jim off at their hotel, and Bethany, Ryan, and I headed to my apartment to get ready for dinner.  I made reservations at my favorite restaurant in Raleigh, Caffe Luna, and we all enjoyed a tasty dinner downtown. It was great having old friends in my new town. I was so thankful for the visitors!

Luna

On an unrelated note, one year ago today I was in South Beach with Jessica browsing a dinner menu on Ocean Avenue.  I glanced up and saw a group of guys walking by and one in particular caught my eye.   After 15 minutes of begging, Jessica agreed to leave the restaurant with me in search of the boy in the blue button down.  She said we could walk 10 blocks and if I didn't see him we were giving up and turning around.  Nine and a half blocks later, I sat down at a table next to the boy in the blue shirt, who now happens to be my boyfriend.

So, although I would never condone "chasing" after a boy (Yes Mother, I did technically chase him), I must say this act of insanity spontaneity was one of the greatest and most rewarding risks I have ever taken.   So to Jessica and Will, thank you for putting up with my craziness.  I sure am a lucky girl ;).

March 8, 2010


.....Must Have.....

I am loving Milly's Spring 2011 Ready To Wear Collection by founder and designer Michelle Smith.  Gone are the days of psychedelic swirls, abstract angles and shapeless frames.  Smith's line focuses on bright colors and geometrical shapes while adding her signature feminine touch.  Although the label is fairly new (11 years young), Smith has made quite a name for herself by consistently producing preppy yet professional pieces.  With so many designers trying to reinvent themselves in an effort to be fashion forward, it is refreshing to see that Smith's sense of style has stayed true.  Milly has proven that the classic silhouette still reigns supreme.  





.....Must Hear.....



No comments:

Post a Comment