Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

From Capital to Capital

What a weekend! Will and I headed from North Carolina's capital to Virginia's capital to visit Jessica.  Jessica turns 23 on Thursday so it was important to me to be able to celebrate with her in Richmond, albeit a few days early.  On Saturday, we woke up and had brunch in the sun at The Water Grill.  Everything sounded so delicious, I changed my order twice!


It was a gorgeous day and I was so excited for the next activity on our itinerary: a trip to the zoo!  One of the highlights of the Richmond Zoo is that patrons get to feed the giraffes.  We spent nearly half of our time with the giraffes and it was such a memorable experience!



Giraffes weren't the only attraction this zoo had to offer.  There were chimpanzees, rhinos, penguins, and 500 pound Galapagos Tortoises.   A smaller petting area offered llamas, goats and sheep.  One llama in particular loved visitors and when I bent down to pet him, he started kissing my cheek.  I posed for a picture and, as you can see, not all animals were as friendly as the llama.  The billy goat in the picture is quite literally pulling my hair out.  Ouch!


On Saturday night we went out for dinner then headed to Sine for drinks.  There was a live band and it was the perfect sendoff.  Thank you Jon and Jessica for hosting us.  Can't wait to visit again soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment