Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

The Proposal Part 1

This weekend, Will and I had engagement photos in the very place where he proposed.  It brought back so many memories and I can't wait to see the pictures! I love telling the story, so here we go again.

It was July 3, and Jessica and her fiancé were flying in town that night for the July 4th holiday. Will had 4 tickets to visit the Cheekwood Mansion and Gardens.  They are featuring a light exhibit on the grounds, and Will's firm is one of the sponsors of the installation. He visited with his co-workers in June and I was excited to visit myself.




As luck would have, Jessica and Jon's plane got re routed, and despite their best efforts, they wouldn't be landing until 11:30 that night.  We decided to go to the exhibit without "J-squared", and would make a date of it. 

Will and I had been talking about getting married for ages, so I knew it was coming, but my brother and Mom had been purposefully dropping hints that would lead me to believe the proposal was happening in September.

As we were walking down a path in the gardens, Will pointed to a secluded hill that overlooked one of the sculptures.  I walked ahead, and sure enough, there was a beautiful view of a sculpture called "The Blue Moon".  


I asked Will if he took me there because my Dad and I used to howl at the full moon, and how July 4th would have been my parents 32 anniversary. I turned around to ask Will if he was listening, and he was on one knee!!! Best. Moment. Ever!!!!


More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment