Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

23 Things Every Woman Should Stop Doing

I always enjoy reading Huffington Post. Their articles are always clever, informative, and well-written. This week, I was particularly intrigued by two articles.  If you haven't read comedienne Kelly Maclean's colorful - but oh so true - article on her interpretation of a trip to Whole Foods, you MUST.  I was literally laughing out loud at work. Hilarious!

But Emma Gray's article, 23 Things Every Woman Should Stop Doing, was my weekly dose of smack-to-the-face honesty. I think every woman can relate to at least some of the examples.  There are a number of these that I used to do, but in the past year, have nixed.  And it really has made a difference in my level of happiness.

#1. Apologizing for everything. I used to work in a bank, and I would apologize every time I asked a client to verify their identity. My manager would tell me time and time again to stop apologizing for doing my job. Save apologies for when you know you're in the wrong, not every time you think someone may be slightly inconvenienced.

#9. Holding onto regrets and guilt.  I did this for years- and I still kinda do when I look at photos of myself in my collar poppin days. But honestly, be proud of who you are and what you are.  Acknowledge that you have made some mistakes, and try your best not to make them again. The end.

#20. Holding on to toxic relationships. This is a tough one, but a necessary one. People grow up, people grow apart, that's life. Some people you will never be able to connect with, as much as you may want to. Don't let other people's negativity drag you down. Surround yourself with people who make you better.


As for lessons I am still struggling to master:


#5. Body-snarking...out loud or in your head.  (This leads to #7).

#7. Obsessively untagging every "unflattering" photo of you that ever existed online.  (This is a result of #5).

#16.  Worrying that your life doesn't look like Pinterest.  (Your wedding can't have 7  themes, Concetta!)


Bottom line is, we all have things we need to work on. I sure know I do! If you haven't already, read the article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment