Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

DOGgone

After work on Friday I made my way to Knoxville where Will attends Law School.  With the holidays swiftly approaching (and exams for Will) we will be seeing less of each other over the next few weeks. That being said, I was happy to spend the last weekend with him before he moves into the library for the next two weeks.

The weather was beautiful and we went to Market Square and enjoyed the uncharacteristically warm November day.  We ate lunch outside and I feasted on Tomato Bisque and Grilled Cheese.

Yummy!

Market Square
After lunch, we went walking throught the square and I had to pet every dog I saw. I have been thinking about getting a dog.  My financial timeline is telling me wait until my first promotion but my animal loving side (which is winning) is saying NOW! I have always wanted a big dog. I grew up with a Golden Retriever (RIP Shammie) and am obsessed with Weimaraners but, city/apartment living is not conducive to raising large dogs. I have decided a small breed is more suitable and I have narrowed my choices down to a Mini Australian Shepherd or a Boston Terrier. 


However, after meeting the below "gentle giants" I considered waiting to get a dog until I could afford a house with a HUGE back yard. The miniature horses drew quite the crowd!

Mastiffs

Ben

Ranger

When I got home on Sunday I found a surprise in the mailbox.  A personalized Christmas card from Jess, courtesy of Snapfish. What a clever idea! Can you believe Thanksgiving is here and Christmas is a month away? How time flies......


.....Must Have.....
What is the first thing you notice when you walk into a home? For some people, it is the lighting, or the flooring, or the furniture.  For other people (like me) I notice the scent.  I have been hunting for a candle that is crisp yet fragrant, a blend of fresh and floral tones. While visiting a friend the other weekend I discovered Pottery Barn's "Paperwhite"candle which is infused with hints of  jasmine and gardenia. 
 


And in the spirit of Christmas, treat a friend to one of these festive Paperwhite Votives.  Half of the proceeds from each purchase are donated to St. Jude's Children Research Hospital.

.....Must Hear.....




No comments:

Post a Comment