Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Eleven/Eleven

Today I did not have work, and the free day couldn't have come sooner! The past few weeks I have had little to no free time.  After a long day at work, whatever energy I have had left I have devoted to fundraising and preparing for PurpleStride.  My efforts most certainly paid off  and were worthwhile, but I have been looking forward to checking off some of the tasks on my ever-increasing "To Do List". 



I woke up around 9 this morning and watched "Regis and Kelly" (or as I fondly refer to them, Reeg and Kels). I then headed to my haven, Costco to get gas, pick up a prescription and snag the latest issue of Real Simple (Side Note: Costco members get a 30% discount on all magazines, just one of the 827,356 reasons everyone should be a member). 




Next, I got my car washed and vacuumed, something I have been meaning to do for over a month.  I came back to the apartment and began my cleaning spree.  I went Comet crazy on my bathroom and was so satisfied with the outcome, I proceeded to clean my roommate's bathroom as well! Then onto the kitchen, my bedroom, and my closet.  I felt so accomplished, I rewarded myself by getting a manicure. Check, Check, CHECK!  All that's left to do is go running and it's only 4 o'clock.  I do LOVE days like this!

In much more exciting news, I can not forget to congratulate my best buddy Jessica.  She has been studying non-stop for her insurance exam which she took this morning.  Of course, she passed with flying colors and is now licensed to sell insurance.  


Way to go Ca-Ca!!!!!!!

.....Must Have.....

There is one thing I will splurge on time and time again and never feel guilty about it, even if that means eating Ramen in the dark until my next paycheck.  A pair of designer stilettos can be worn to a party, but not to work.  A leather jacket is great for cold weather, but looks ridiculous in the summer.  Skinny jeans are a great investment, but can only be worn confidently after a week of fasting and/or multiple visits to the gym. There is one accessory that can jazz up any outfit, is appropriate in every season, and is also one of the few things that truly is one size fits all.  As long as the sun is out, you're going to need sunglasses.  I have been gawking over one pair of shades in particular for months, and if Santa doesn't deliver them, I will bite the bullet and buy them myself come January. 
My Wish List #1: Tom Ford's Dahlia sunglasses.  They are round but not in the Nicole Richie bug-eye way.  They are square but not too boxy.  Like iconic Wayfarers and Aviators,  Ford's Dahlias reflect the public's fascination with androgynous eyewear.  Hopefully I made Santa's "Good List" this year but if not, I'm willing to crack open the piggy bank.  Let's just say my eyes are on the prize, literally!

.....Must Hear.....


No comments:

Post a Comment