Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Last of Europe

On Friday, Mom and I said goodbye to our friends, and began our drive back to Barcelona.  We both love art galleries so we picked 2 particular museums to visit on our way home. Mom picked the Céret Museum of Modern Art which featured several works by artists like Picasso, Manolo, and Matisse.  Our main purpose of going, however, was to see the works of one of Mom's favorite artists, Chagall.






 Next, it was my turn to choose the museum du jour. I'm not the biggest fan of Salvador Dali's work, but I have always been intrigued by his eccentricity.  We visited The Dalí Theatre-Museum, an old theater that he turned into an over the top display of some of his greatest pieces.










The museum may have been the weirdest place I have ever visited, crammed wall-to-wall with paintings, and sculptures, and furniture, and several other oddities.  Strangest of all, we just so happened to tour the museum on what would have been Dali's 108th birthday!  

The next morning, we headed back to the motherland. I absolutely loved my time in Europe.  I'm already itching to go again. Au revoir and Adios!


No comments:

Post a Comment