Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Labor Day Weekend

Back in April, I ran my first half marathon in Nashville.  In a post race high, I decided that 13 miles was so fun, I wanted to sign up for the Virginia Beach Rock and Roll Half.  Only after my happy fingers signed up for the September 1 race did I recount many Labor Days past spent in 100 degree Virginia humidity. 

Nashville 1/2 Marathon
Sunday came too soon, and at 5:00AM, I was on the way to Virginia Beach for the 7AM start with my fellow race participants.  I loved having Jess and Katie along for the run as well (it was an added comfort to know that we were covered should any of us pass out along the way).  My time was a few minutes slower than it was back in April, but I crossed the finish line just before the temperature broke 90 degrees!  

With my fellow runners, Katie and Jess! Way to kick ass-phault y'all!
Following an afternoon of recovery and rehydration, we enjoyed a cookout in the backyard with friends and family. Monday was another early morning, and we headed to Williamsburg to meet our wedding planner. After 4 vendor appointments, we were headed back to the airport for our flight back to Nashville. It was a whirlwind weekend, but a productive one for sure. Can't wait for June!!




Hope y'all had a safe and happy Labor Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment