Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Celebrate x3!

This weekend there was cause for celebration! I had my yearly evaluation at work and got a raise! Woohoo! My managers were so sweet that they got me:

This!
And...

These!
But the party didn't stop there! Two of my Wofford friends are deserving of their own pats on the back.  Abby moved to Raleigh after being offered an amazing job opportunity, and Bethany accepted a teaching position at a wonderful prep school in Columbia!  Way to go girls!!! It just so happened that timing was on our side, and we were all together in Raleigh to honor our accomplishments.  We got dressed up and headed downtown!

Rooftop at The Hive
We had an awesome night, and, to my surprise, the best was yet to come.  Mini flashback: I lived in Charleston for a summer in college where I was introduced (at the ripe age of 20) to "The Rickshaw".  I had never seen such splendor gracing the pavement, and I would secretly hope I was running late to work so I could find any excuse to hitch a ride on a rickshaw.  Well, you guessed it...

Raleigh has Rickshaws!
So it may have been more pricey than a cab, it may have started raining on the way back to my apartment, and it may have taken us 20 minutes to go one mile across town...But who's counting!  I was happy to take the scenic route home shoulder to shoulder with two of my favorite people!


.....Must Have.....

In the spirit of celebration, let's ditch the traditional champagne and crack open a bottle of Medea Vodka.  You've heard of a message in a bottle, but what about a message ON a bottle.  This tech friendly spirit has a built-in LED screen on the bottle that can be programmed to display whatever is on your mind.  How does it taste? I don't know, and I don't I care.  With a gadget like this, I think we all can agree, it's what's on the outside that really counts.


P.S. Is that really his accent or is it just the Medea talking?  


.....Must Hear.....




1 comment: