Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hanna and Nelson's Wedding

I spent a wonderful weekend in Flat Rock, North Carolina celebrating the wedding of my friends Hanna and Nelson.  Dozens of my college friends made the trip to the mountains to witness our two classmates tie the knot.  My friend Mary was kind enough to host 8 of us at her lake house.  We spent Friday night catching up and playing a rousing game of Fish Bowl.  Saturday we hung out by the lake, listened to music and had a golf ladder tournament (P.S. Lash and I won).


 
 


After a relaxing day by the water, we got all gussied up for the big event.  At six o'clock we were picked up and we headed to Flat Rock for the wedding festivities.


 

I was worried about the July weather but, the mountain air made for the perfect outdoor evening reception.  Of course, the bride and groom looked amazing and completely elated.


  
 
 

I love any and every wedding but there is something extra special about seeing those close to you become man and wife.  Now the new Mr. and Mrs. are off to Paris for their Honeymoon.  I am so happy for them and wish them  a life filled with happiness and, as my friend Patterson put it, aimless pleasure seeking.  Congrats Hanna and Nelson!


.....Must Have.....

While browsing my collection of sample sale sites yesterday, I came across Bormiolo Rocco dishware on Swirl.  Bormiolo offers your basic water pitchers, plates, and drinking glasses.  However, their Giara Bottles are my favorite because the vibrant colors add an eccentric touch to an otherwise basic item.  I also love that there are so many uses for these bottles: storing olive oil, wine, or even bubble bath!




.....Must Hear.....



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE all the girls dresses including the Bride. Gorgeous! Those long grey dresses are stunning.

    ReplyDelete