Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Multi-tasking

My  first week of July has been productive to say the least.  The Good News: My "To Do List" has been cut in half.  The Bad News: My bank account has been cut in half as a result.  My car took a much needed trip to the dealership over the weekend, and its "rear control arm and alternator belt" were replaced (whatever that means).  A costly tune-up indeed but, on the upside, I enjoyed driving a fancy loaner car for the weekend, and hopefully, my financial hit now will keep me from meeting with AAA later.  


With my car doctored up, I took care of the other priorities on my checklist.  I paid my car tax, mailed a birthday card and a thank you letter, fixed a clog in my bathroom sink, brought my withering plants back to life and purchased a wedding gift for my engaged friends.  I also paid my energy bill, which, I am proud to say, was $9.00 less than last month's bill (thank you energy efficient lightbulbs).




Tomorrow afternoon, I have my one year evaluation at work.  Can you believe it?!  Fingers crossed, it goes well. Needless to say, I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend in Raleigh with friends.  Happy almost-Friday, y'all!


.....Must-Have.....


I'm a sucker for sparkles and subdued shades so it's no surprise that I was blown away when I saw photos of Elie Saab's Fall 2011 Couture line.  Since I am neither a celebrity nor a socialite, I rarely get the chance to wear gowns.  However, if I were a frequent red-carpet walker, my fashion loyalties would lie with Saab.  Throughout the seasons, Saab has continued to wow us with his choice of light-weight silks and chiffons and remarkably detailed beading.  His Fall line combines muted metallic tones, basic silhouettes and glitzy glamour.  In essence, I think his work is "Simply Extravagant".














.....Must Hear.....

No comments:

Post a Comment