Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

There's An App For That

For some reason, people find pleasure in making me look like an idiot.  That's ok though, I would rather people laugh at me than cry for me.  Today the office got a good laugh.  Every morning on Live With Regis and Kelly, the two hosts call one lucky viewer, and if the viewer answers a question correctly in 20 seconds, you win a trip to a randomly selected resort.  I love trivia, I love traveling and I LOVE Kelly Ripa.  Naturally, I entered the Viewer Getaway.




Every morning, I sit at my desk in the hopes that my phone will light up with a 212 number.  At 9:14, my wish was granted when my phone's Caller ID flashed "ABC Network".  I was so excited that I forgot how to answer my phone. I started jumping up and down, pressing every button on the dial pad and screaming "Reg and Kel! They're calling ME!"  (Side Note: for a laugh click below):




Back to the call, I nervously remained on hold, but when I looked up, I saw my coworkers in fits of laughter.  They got me again.  My iPhone-atic peers made good use of their SpoofCard app by cleverly disguising their name and number.  That's ok.  When Reg and Kel do call me, I know who will not be joining me on my all-inclusive trip to Antigua.  Then, we'll see who's laughing!


.....Must Have.....


This weekend I am flying to Nashville to visit Will and his family.  Nashville has great shopping, and although we have lots planned for the short visit, I hope I can pop into a few of the city's consignment shops and boutiques.  Nothing says summer like short shorts and wedge sandals.  I would love to find a pair of printed shorts like the DVF ones below.  I am a huge fan of silk bow blouses because they are chic and versatile, great for work and play.  I am sure I will find some great bangles, preferably in coral!


Nashville

1 comment:

  1. bahahaha this is so funny, I wish I could have been there to see your (over)reaction!! :) love you

    ReplyDelete