Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Summer-izing

I am finally summarizing my summer vacation that took place nearly 2 weeks ago! On my first leg of the trip, I was in Nashville visiting Will and his family.  We ventured to Center Hill Lake, enjoyed a delicious brunch at Margot's, and visited the Frist.  After some sightseeing and shopping, I was back at the airport and already planning my next trip back to Nashville.

Tubing with Will
My attempt at water skiing
Frist Center for the Visual Arts
Andy Warhol Exhibit
The "home" of country star John Rich...how clever
I <3 Nashville
On Tuesday, I headed to Isle of Palms for my family's annual stay at Wild Dunes.  It was great seeing my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.  With a grand total of 21 family members and friends present, there was never a dull moment!  As usual, I had an amazing time at the beach and am looking forward to seeing the family again in October for my aunt's wedding!

The Beautiful Boardwalk
Wilson Fam
Me and Geo with Grammie

The Girls
The Cousins
The whole family
At week's end, it was time to head to Roanoke, Virginia for Sarah's wedding.  Sarah, her brother Sam, and their parents Dave and Carmel, have been close family friends for years.  George was the Best Man in Sam's wedding, and it was so special to be present for the marriage of both of Carmel and Dave's children.  Sarah, who is younger but far wiser than I am, is studying Engineering at Georgia Tech where she met her equally intelligent husband, Evan.  The wedding was atop the Blue Ridge Mountains at Valhalla Vineyards.  The view was breathtaking and perfect for the occasion.  The wedding was beautiful and it was a wonderful way to end my summer vacation.  Congratulations to Sarah and Evan!

Me, Mom and Geo
The happy B&G
Wedding Party 




No comments:

Post a Comment