Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sick Day

I am sitting in bed surrounded by cold medicine, Kleenex and cough drops.  I just woke up from a Sudafed-induced slumber and am taking my first sick day.  I never missed a day of school growing up.  In fact, I have quite a few "Perfect Attendance" awards collecting dust on a bookshelf at home.  However, my superhuman immune system seems to have lost its first battle to the common cold.  




It's hard to believe that just two days ago I was at home without as little as a sniffle to slow me down.  On Saturday, Mom, my aunt and I shopped and ate lunch at one of my favorite places, Red Star.




I got a call from my friend Emmy saying she was returning from a business trip that night. I was so happy that I was going to be able to see her.  We all got dressed up and headed to Norfolk for dinner at the Town Point Club.  We had a great time catching up over cocktails and an enormous three course meal.


Sex and the City- I call Carrie! 
Cheers!
After a long dinner, we were all in a good mood.  For some reason we saw the below sign outside of a gas station and thought it was hilarious. Who knew removing a letter from a common word could be so comical? We had to pull over and take a picture.  


We were all in stitches, laughing so hard we had tears in our eyes.  I'm sure it's not funny at all to those reading but I have not laughed that hard in a very long time.  It was refreshing to be able to find humor in something as mundane as the word "Breafast".  I may be paying for my night of fun now, but that laugh attack in an abandoned gas station at 11PM could have single-handedly made my trip home worthwhile.

.....Must Have.....


Ok, I'll be the first to admit that I am not a big fan of the military fad that is sweeping the runways.  Just when I thought the last pair of cargo pants had made their way to Goodwill, I see magazines displaying  fitted fatigues and double breasted jackets.  I think women's fashion should embrace femininity rather than downplay it with excess buttons, murky colors, and ill-fitting frocks.  I had yet to find a military-inspired article of clothing that appealed to me until I came across this piece by Mike Gonzalez.



The Olivia Cinched Waist Military Coat Dress is exactly what it claims to be: a coat and a dress.  Gonzalez seems to be the first designer to draw inspiration from today's army-inspired trend while effortlessly adding a feminine flair.  The cinched waist helps to promote a subtle hour-glass shape and the bubble hem adds a flirty touch.  So, though I may not be dressing like G.I. Jane anytime soon, this jacket sure makes me stand at attention!
   
.....Must Hear.....






  

No comments:

Post a Comment